Today I want to share the greatest strength training routine I have ever designed. Sure there are derivations of this program but this basic program produced the greatest changes in body composition (less fat and more muscle) that I have ever recorded. This program is simple but I can tell you with certainly simple is best.
The application of this program over time is the key!
You can see my research here.
Click the download link if you would like to read the whole paper.
In short here is the program.
Perform this 1-5 days per week as time allows. For most, I believe 1-3 days per week is adequate.
Flat Chest Presses
Pulldowns or pullups
Standing Calf Raises
Tricep Pushdowns or Pushups
Perform 2-5 sets of 10 repetitions per exercise and over time increase the resistance.
That is it. Simple. The real issue is being consistent. Perform this routine at least 1-3 days per week for 3 months and you will have transformed your life. After some time of consistency, you will need to make changes but don’t worry about that until then.
Michael Thomas, Ph.D.
I help people become healthier and stronger through evidence-based resistance exercise.
P.S. – Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you
1. Be a guest of mine for a One-on-One Fitness Success Session.
- We’ll sit down together either in person or online and develop a personalized plan to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Just reply to this message and put “Success” in the subject line.
2. I have FREE Open Office Hours during the week where you can call in and speak to me about your goals.
- The call is just 15 minutes out of your week, but the insights you’ll discover could impact you for a lifetime!
- To schedule your FREE consultation, reply, and put ‘Call’ in the subject line.
3. Join our 60 Day Jump Start Program and be a Case Study.
- We’re adding a few new clients to our program for 60 days and documenting their success.
- If you’d like to work with us for the next month and be a case study for improving your health, strength, and to feel great … just email me and put “60” in the subject line.